Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Announcement

After months of consideration, yesterday morning I went down to City Hall and made it official: I'm running for City Council in the April election. The press release I'm sending out to announce my candidacy is below.



Lobner Announces Campaign For City Council Seat

Tuesday morning Kyle Lobner of Appleton filed the necessary paperwork to announce he plans to run for a seat on the City Council in April’s spring elections. Lobner, the 29-year-old Managing Editor of Brew Crew Ball (brewcrewball.com), is hoping to represent the city’s 13th district. The 13th district includes the city’s 37th, 38th, 39th, 40th, 41st and 58th wards on the city’s northeast side.

“I’m very fortunate to be in a position in my life where I have the time and energy to try to make a difference in my community,” Lobner said. “I’m excited about the possibility of serving on the council and helping move Appleton forward.”

Lobner’s top priority as alderman would be doing more to keep his constituents informed of the Council’s activities so they can get involved, and improving the city website. He’s already launched a campaign blog (Appleton13.blogspot.com) and Twitter account (@appletonCC13).

“As a potential alderman I think it’s important that I find as many ways as possible to communicate with my constituents to keep them informed, ask for their insight and hear their concerns,” Lobner said. “As an elected official I plan to work hard to make sure residents of my district know who I am, where I stand on issues facing the council and what I’m working on.”

Lobner has until January 2 to submit enough petition signatures to get on the ballot. 

“I’d like to get that formality out of the way as soon as possible so we can move forward.” Lobner said.
Spring primary elections are scheduled for February 19, with the city elections scheduled to follow on April 2.

We'll have more on the campaign and issues facing the city in this space going forward, so thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment